Time for an update on some of the happenings in and around Queen’s Basketball:
• Brittany Moore was named to the OUA East 1st Team All-Star for the fourth consecutive year
• Jenny Wright was named to the OUA East All-Rookie Team (joining teammates Liz Boag and Gemma Bullard from last season)
• Laura Baker, a 5-10 wing player from York House in BC has committed to Queen’s for the fall. She is a two-time ‘AA’ gold medalist and this past weekend captured the Silver Medal at the ‘AAA’ BC Provincial HS Championships. Her press release can be found at:
That’s about it for now – more to come in the next couple of weeks. I’ll leave you with the list of new and exciting basketball opportunities we are offering this spring & summer. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.
All the best.
Elite Training & Scrimmage **NEW** – for high school and older girls
Thursdays: 7-9pm, May 31-August 16 (12 weeks - $225 – includes reversible jersey)
• Highly competitive University-style basketball training each evening for ~45 – 60min. followed by a controlled scrimmage
• Instruction provided by Head Coach, Dave Wilson & his university staff
• Concepts of Motion offense, screening and the defensive counters will be taught
• Extra: Queen’s Coaches Bob Freeman & Sarah Barnes will be selecting an AAU travelling club team from participants in this program (for those interested)
Half Basketball/Half Volleyball Camp (for girls & boys entering Grades 3-8)
Tues-Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm, July 3-6 (4 days - $165)
A combination camp ideally suited to foster the interest of youngsters. A fun and energetic environment lead by members of the Gaels basketball and volleyball teams. Campers will be introduced to the FUN-damentals of both sports. Finish each day with a swim in the pool!
Note: SOLD OUT last year – Register early
Queen’s Basketball Camp **NEW**– Younger age category (for girls & boys entering Gr. 2-5)
Mon-Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm, August 20-24 (5 days - $ 205)
Come and experience the Athletics & Recreation Centre at Queen’s for a fun camp designed to introduce and enhance the basic skills of basketball and modified games in a fun and challenging environment.
Queen’s Basketball Academy **NEW** – for girls & boys entering Gr. 6-8)
Mon-Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm, August 27-31 (5 days - $205)
Instruction will be provided by the Queen’s basketball coaching staff, along with area High School & Elementary School Coaches. This camp will emphasize the proper skills and techniques to build a solid foundation of basketball mechanics. After instructional sessions, specialty sessions and scrimmages, the athletes can cool down and recover with a recreational swim session in the Queen’s pool.
Basketball Jr. Girls Team Camp **NEW**
Saturday, September 8: 9am-3pm (3 scrimmages, plus instructional session - $200/team)
Use this camp to help select and refine your Jr. Girls HS team. Each team will play a series of running-time scrimmages against other schools and also receive an hour long session of drills and skills run by the Queen’s Coaching Staff and players, further allowing you to assess your players.
REGISTER ON LINE AT GOGAELSGO.COM