Monday, November 1, 2010

Mens Hockey-Alumni Weekend

Alumni weekend was a success I feel and it was great seeing alot of the guys again. I want to Thank, Dave Descent and Murray/Donna Douglas for all the help in organizing this event. Team Red defeated my team gold in a defensive battle 8-7. There we alot of laughs and I think alot of fun had by all. On to the games, we adjusted real well to the top team in the CIS (My opinion) from the last weekend's loss. A few calls (got myself in trouble last year and learned my lesson) will not elaborate did not go our way lets say, and few mistakes and we were right there. I always get asked why we cannnot beat McGill? that blog is for another day as it is like comparing apples to oranges in terms of resources at the 2 schools and I am not making excuses it is just reality. Saturday was another installment on what is becoming a great rivalry between to great programs. Of our last 5 games, 4 have gone to overtime with both coming a way with 2 wins! My guys dug real deep and came up with a gutsy win.