Monday, October 18, 2010

Mens Hockey- Week 2 Better, but still work in progress!

This weekend the results were there but we will still need to be alot better in the coming weeks. Friday night, was a character win for our team. I can tell you being on the opposite end of what happened last week I feel for Darren Lowe Coach of Toronto. We were down 5-3 with less then 5 mins to go. We ended up scoring 3 goals in 2:17 to win the game. Our goaltending what I expected to be our strength has been shaky to start the season. Steele Defazio hopefully gained some confidence this weekend by only allowing two goals all weekend. Saturday night I feel was a tale of 2 tired hockey teams. Despite the thoughts of the opposing Coach, I dont feel we were outplayed and dont feel we played in our end all game long. Hard to play in your end of game and still manage 38 shots, and win 3-2 is it not? We will be real tested the next 2 weekends with 4 games vs. Mcgill and Carleton. I feel they are the 2 great teams and it is going to take our best efforts to compete with them. I can assure you we will be prepared.