Thursday, October 28, 2010

Men's Soccer - 3 more to go


I apologize for taking so long to write since my last post but this is the life of a university coach juggling a million things at one time. Regardless, I wanted to offer my thoughts on our home playoff game and the road ahead.

Someone once told me that a win is a win in the playoffs. It's about getting the job done, and we did just that on Wednesday. We didn't play our best game but we were able to limit the opposition's scoring chances, and capitalized on ours. Moving forward, this will be extremely important as we stack up against U of T on Saturday. I'm proud of these guys. I'm proud at their ability to execute our game plan, and their work ethic in practices and games. We have a group of individuals that truly believe in our team philosophy. For that, I couldn't be more proud of them.

Didn't want to write too much today, but I again wanted to thank all of our supporters near and far. Alumni, we appreciate your kind words. We know you are following us and trust me when I say we're working extremely hard to bring home a provincial championship.

If you're in the Toronto area on Saturday, come out and watch us take on U of T at 3:15 at Varsity Stadium. We welcome your support and look forward to hearing you from the stands.

Regards,

Chris