Saturday, November 28, 2009

Countdown is on!

10:30 -- just an hour and a half away.  It's great the big game is here.

Team is LOOSE! and ready to get it done.  They are focused and I don't sense any jitters.    The guys had an early night after meeting parents.

The atmosphere is electric here in Quebec City.  Lots and lots and lots of alumni and Queen's fans starting to flood in.  Last night I had an opportunity to meet a few of the 1983 Gaels.  Nice group of guys.  What surprised me even more - was they were looking for me.

They had a special package.  It was an envelop of greetings from the '83 team wishing the Gaels well.   They also had a Queen's flag - which was signed by about 200 hundred people.  I've hung it just outside the Gaels dressing room and the guys are loving the support they are getting from our fans!

The bar I went to last night had a lot of Gaels fans in it - and there were several spontaneous 'Oil Thigh' renditions and Go Gaels Go chants.  I think Queen's has won over the Quebec fans - we'll see at game time.

I have to do some work - but I'll post short bits during the game if anything of note occurs.

Michael Grobe
Communications & Sports Information