Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vanier Bound!!!

NOVEMBER 24, 2009 - Travel Day

Travel day for the Gaels! The team bus loads at approximately 3:00pm departing from Richardson Stadium. That is the start of a what we all hope is a magical week for the Gaels in their quest for the Vanier Cup.

The football team has already been hard at work preparing for this weekend's game against Calgary. Preparation started early Sunday morning just hours after an exciting win over the Laval Rouge et Or. It's only Tuesday - but I'm sure the coaching staff has or is well on their way of having a great game plan against the Dinos.

For myself and colleague Drew Soleyn (IU Assistant Manager), our journey to Quebec City started at 12:00pm today. We boarded a train in Kingston and we are currently making our way to the host city to ensure that no major hiccups occur prior to their arrival. (I'm sure everyone has their own travel nightmares to speak of ... we want to eliminate that for the team if possible).

I've been asked by my counterparts at Athletics & Recreation to keep a blog of my trip. Perhaps share some insight on the happenings of what takes place at the Vanier Cup. I'm sure I will be able to share some tidbits of information of the events and the atmosphere in Quebec City. So check back often and I'll try to post as much as I can - I promise at least one post a day with potential for more!

Go Gaels Go!!!

Michael Grobe
Communications & Sports Information
Queen's University

PS - if you need to drop me a line contact me at gogaels@gogaelsgo.com